Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hace frio!

So we went to see the lights at Temple Square last night (and it was so cold!). We got there before dark so we could play a little. We let the kids walk around and explore. This is the first time Rylie has been to Temple Square and Ethan was just a baby last time he went. We had dinner at the Nauvoo Cafe and then saw Joseph Smith The Prophet of the Restoration at the Joseph Memorial Building. Coulter and I were a little nervous about taking the kids because it wasn't a Disney film but they actually did really well. Rylie kept asking questions so I would answer them for her and then remind her to be quiet...overall they were good (luckily). By the time the show was over it was dark outside so we went outside to check out the lights. It was so pretty. The temple grounds are always beautiful but it was a different kind of pretty this time of year. Ethan and Rylie were both impressed with the reflection pool and liked the "bubbles" that lit up. We walked around until we couldn't stand the cold anymore. It was a good night...






























The kids think the temple is so cool...Coulter and I keep explaining that they will get to go inside when they are older. Rylie is determined to get inside sooner then later, she is a curious little girl and doesn't like to be told no...





I took the kids to get their pictures taken yesterday morning so I took a few pics before we left...






I wish this one didn't turn out blurry because it was kind of cute...they are hugging and no one is screaming.

3 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

I love the temple lights! Looks like you guys had fun despite the cold weather. Lucky you guys for having good kids, there is no way we could take our kids out to the Lion House or a movie (thats not disney). Cute kids

Mark and Janelle said...

Hey, Shay is the same way about going inside the temple, you'll have to come with us to the draper open house, that would be way fun!!

MindiCeleste said...

Cute stuff Kirsten. It was great to see you the other day! comce by and see me when you get time. It would be great to have lunch sometime.